Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Upside Down Hazelnut Banana Cake.

Upside Down Hazelnut Banana Cake.

recipe by Gale Gand.

This was really good. Gale Gand good.

As I've mentioned before, I can't seem to find a banana bread recipe I like. I had some more ripe bananas, so I thought I'd go a totally different way instead of wasting more perfectly fine ripe bananas on yet another awful banana bread recipe.

Notes:

Her instructions say to "cover the bottom of the cake pan with some of the warmed hazelnut schmear". The full recipe for schmear yields 2 cups which seemed like a lot, so I decided to halve it and make just a cup.

While I'm not sure 2 cups of schmear is necessary, I also don't think 1 cup was enough. I will definitely make this again, but use more of the schmear and I might even bake this in a 10" round, for a cake that is less tall.

0 comments: