Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Brownie Reflex - 1st set of photos.


After all that, it worked. I can't believe it, but it did.

Composing shots on this camera isn't easy. The viewfinder is distorted, sort of like one of those old-fashioned TVs with the curved screens. I had no idea how much of what I was looking at through the viewfinder was going to show up in the resulting photo and it was hard to gauge distance or depth or whatever the proper word for what I'm talking about is. Plus, you're looking at a mirror image which you have to ignore and your only means of focusing is swaying from side to side or taking a step forward or backward. So these photos are great from the standpoint that there is something to look at, but not great otherwise. Composing issues aside, I'm still impressed. The camera is 70 years old and I was convinced that the amount of film wrangling I did in that changing bag would've eliminated all hope of producing even a single picture.

**Vegas

R1-05788-0000

R1-05788-0003

R1-05788-0002

**San Francisco

R1-05788-0009

R1-05788-0008