Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bush St. & Scott St.

December 31, 2011 will be the last day of my 365 project. What I've learned so far is that most of my 365 days is spent commuting to & from the office on a packed bus. Or, if I'm not actually on the packed bus, I'm walking to or from it which is really the only time I have to take a photo because it's too busy in the office and not that interesting anyway. Not that commuting is exciting, but I spend a lot of time doing it.

I'm always looking for pictures to take. This project didn't change that. What it did do, is highlight the fact that I want to be taking a lot more pictures, but there isn't time, so I need to figure out how to snap quickly & on the fly.

Yesterday, I was driving from Point A to Point B when I passed this building.
orig bldg shot exp

I was on a mission to do 12 other things, but life is short & all the rest of it so I made a quick detour around the block to see if there was a shot.  That turned out to be a little more involved than I expected due to one-way streets, lots of fast street traffic, no parking and nowhere to double-park for a few minutes while I got out of the car and scoped out the situation. So I just took a quick photo of it from my car.

Today I did something I've done only rarely. I went back on foot to try to get a decent shot of the building. I walked all 4 corners of the intersection and settled on the one diagonally across from it.

 


DSC01535exp
DSC01541exp
DSC01514exp

The end result wasn't terribly exciting, but I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere that I'll work out on a mind-numbingly boring bus commute. I also took some shots with the Argus, because I'm still trying to figure out how that camera works.  I have a growing log of Argus F-stops on my iphone.