Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2007

a baker's paradise kitchen collage.



A at Studio Wellspring is creating an inspiration board for a contest-- a baking kitchen for me!

We talked about my dream kitchen and what styles and colors inspire me. Then she brought over bags of swatches, materials samples and photos. It was fun making choices, but even more fun watching A in her element. She zips into intense focus and things start moving very fast, taking shape. Eyes constantly roving, overseeing everything. Pulling this, adding that and giving a designer veto where necessary.

Perhaps the inspiration is board is working, because I've felt a little spark in my baker's confidence. I tested new recipes for yellow cake and chocolate frosting with breezy results: cupcakes that i sent to Dennis by phone.

A has posted some pieces* for the inspiration board at Studio Wellspring. Hers is a beautiful design blog to browse, so go visit!

Good luck, A!


*The cake was created by one of my favorite cake designers- Bettina Schliephake-Burchardt of Betty's Sugar Dreams.

0 comments: