Pages

Monday, December 01, 2008

the invisible zipper.

invisible zipper

i'd planned on putting in the dreaded zipper this coming weekend, but it's an invisible zipper & it appears that you need an invisible zipper foot to sew an invisible zipper & i don't have one of those SIGH.

it's an invisible zipper because the lady at britex insisted on it & i'm not even kidding about that. she peered into my notions basket, looked at my pattern & my zipper &, without a word, pulled my zipper out of the basket & walked away with it (wth?)

so i followed her over to the zipper rack, where she put my regular zipper back & replaced it with an invisible zipper.

i protested something about aren't invisible zippers harder question mark, but she said no & then whipped some fabric out & showed me how to deal with the invisible zipper situation.

but all that was months ago & i don't remember any of it & now i'm at this point of having read that i need an invisible zipper foot that i don't have.

so i googled & it looks like this by Never Yawn



& this by The Sewing Divas



are tutorials for sewing an invisible zipper with a regular zipper foot.

i will report back.