Pages

Thursday, February 03, 2011

1 day & counting.

On Monday, the store called to tell me my new sewing machine had arrived. It's been a long week of waiting, but come Saturday morning I'll be driving out to Walnut Creek to pick it up. I'm so excited I can barely stand it!

You'd think I would've kept away from my old machines, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I attempted to fix some of the issues they'd caused with my waistline facing. Matching seams is very difficult due to the creep problem, but I finally got them mostly matched up. This one is just a hair off the mark which is annoying but not as annoying as 1/2" off the mark:

fixing machine-mangled lining & waistline facing


I also got the zip in. Zippers - always a joy.

zip is in

And for demonstration purposes, here's a lining seam. Note the puckering. I didn't take a picture of it, but by the time you get to the bottom edge of that seam, the two pieces are out of alignment by almost 1/2".

puckers!