Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

the low simmer.

Dennis the Menace was here last weekend.  He's planning to move here at some point in the next several months. We don't have an official move date yet, but I'm already crazy over how much will have to be done & the details, details, details of finding a place to live and then moving us both into it, so I'm trying not to think about it too much. How's that going for me? Well, some minutes are better than others but I figure if I can keep the panic at a low simmer I'll be OK.

We drove around various neighborhoods this weekend (in the pouring rain I might add) and even looked at an apartment in this building. This place won't be available for another couple of months, but it's huge with tons of character.  I'll need to look at some more places before I make a decision, but it helped tremendously to have him here for at least one walk-through to see what our individual reactions were to a city apartment space. So far so good.

On Saturday, some friends of ours hosted a fabulous dinner party in their gorgeous home. I made Tiramisu (recipe courtesy of Cook's Illustrated, subbing sweet marsala in for the rum) and was worried the whole thing would crash into a big pile of espresso/marsala-soaked ladyfingers and mascarpone cheese when I removed the ring, but it held together just fine.

Tiramisu prep


DSC00999