Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Projects.

OTR skirt alteration

This H&M courdoroy skirt has been the bane of my existence. I've been meaning to take the waistline in (for about a year) to stop the skirt from doing a 360 spin every time I walk from point A to point B but never got around to it and now I hate the skirt. Before throwing it in the scrap bag, I took the super-EZ alteration route of measuring in 1/2" at the top L and R side seams and then using my hip curve to draw a nice line that blended in with the existing side seam about 6" down. Then I sewed along the new seam line. A proper alteration probably would've involved removing the waist band, then redrawing the side seams & sewing them, then redoing the waistband & sewing it back on the skirt but I didn't want to make that kind of time investment. Anyway, the skirt fits fine now.


I also made some low-fat curried roasted vegetables which turned out pretty good:

curried vegetables

And hand-sewed the lining to the zipper tape on the self-drafted skirt.

hand sewn lining

But the best part of my weekend is that today I was able to brace up my right ankle and go out for a power walk. It's only been 4 days but I start to lose it if I don't get my daily walk in.

Hey, there are worse things to be addicted to.