Pages

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Vintage Hem Marker Part II.

vintage hem marker

I'm using my hem marker differently these days. It's far more accurate to mark the hem while the garment is on the dressform instead of me. Also, I've been grinding up regular chalk to put in the cup, but I can't seem to get it ground fine enough. The granules keep getting caught in the blade spout and then I'm digging them out. The best thing would be to buy some superfine powder chalk, but I have a ton of regular chalk lying around and I'm determined not to spend any more money on chalk until I use up what I have.

Picnik collage

This is another H&M skirt that's been sitting in the back of my closet for awhile because it needed to be shortened.

Picnik collage 2

Drag the chalk across the blade opening on the marker, move the marker close to the skirt so it's touching and spin the dressform. The blade is really sharp, so the chalk makes a nice line when the garment brushes up against it.

It's a lather, rinse, repeat process, but worth it.