Pages

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Self-Drafted Skirt.

self drafted skirt

I've been getting a lot of wear out of the self-drafted skirt. The wool suiting and Bemberg lining are luxurious and make a world of difference in comfort. I love wearing this skirt. Now I need to sew a more appropriate blouse to go with it because the one I'm wearing in the pictures isn't tailored enough to cut it.

pucker-free ribbon trim  834
I went to Britex on my lunch break today to look at their fabric remnants.  Afterwards, I went downstairs to the suiting fabrics to get some lining. The gentleman cutting in suiting looked down at my skirt.

Did you get that fabric here?

I told him that I did.

I thought it looked familiar!

Then he picked up a bit of my hem to check out the ribbon trim and said   Is this--? It is! Hand sewn. Great job.

 
Made. my. day.

IMG_1750