Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bodice fitting progress: Advance 4328


I re-drafted the pattern pieces again, using what I learned from the previous version of this blouse. I decided to get rid of the double tucks on the lower edges of the front and back and replace them with diamond darts from my bodice sloper pattern.

The bust might be a little too big but I'm not going to alter it right now because I'm pretty happy with the results so far. I'll be sewing yet another one of these so that I can fine tune and make it more close-fitting.

I reversed a couple of the pattern instructions for sewing the notched collar, so it was a lot easier to deal with this time. I also decided to put the gathers back into the back yoke. Just a few to make it more feminine.

front back details