Pages

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Project finished: 1920s apron.

1920s apron pattern

DSC01959-001

I discovered the muslin for this project in my fabric stash box and, 2 years later, finally finished this apron. Not much to say, really. The cotton fabric was bought on the cheap, as were the vintage celluloid coat buttons.

vintage celluloid button

I made a paper pattern from the muslin, cut out 2 pieces of fabric and with right sides together, sewed it together all the way around leaving an opening to turn right side out. Press, understitch all the way around, add 2 pockets, make 2 gigantic buttonholes for the coat buttons and that's it.

It's really comfortable and I like that it covers the entire front of me because I tend to make a mess in the kitchen.

DSC01992x

DSC01962

pocket detail